Wednesday, August 09, 2006

So, Good Talk....

So I've been debating for a long while how to approach the discussion of a raise with the two main partners in my firm for a good long while... It's a tough thing for me to do, asking for money, no matter who I am asking. I don't know why. So I struggled with this and finally yesterday emailed both of my bosses asking to set up a meeting to discuss where I stand with the company, where I am going, and if we could discuss an increase in compensation for my increased duties.

So I sent the email as I was leaving work yesterday and then stressed about it all evening last night. I actually DREADED coming in to work this morning, because I knew there would be some sort of reaction.

And there was. The senior partner called me into his office to discuss my email....

There were no details, but effective no later than September 1st I will be receiving a raise - and a good one, he promised. I will also begin to be trained on cutting checks and assisting our senior-most bookkeeper with our highest profile clients. I will basically become an assistant bookkeeper, they just need to find someone to take care of MY job (answering phones, filing, etc.) but apparently everyone that has applied is too overqualified.

So in the coming weeks, things are going to change, and it will all be for the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home