Friday, July 28, 2006

Need a Book to Read?

As I finish books, I am going to start writing mini-reviews of them so that you all know what I have been reading and what I like (to hopefully get some helpful recommendations about what to read next!)

Today I finished off The Devil Wears Prada. It was a very fun, fast-paced ride through the life of a young woman who becomes an assistant for most powerful woman in the fashion world.

I enjoyed this book for the quirky anecdotes and the descriptions of some of the truly heinous things this girl endures. By the time I would finish reading on my lunch break some days, I would feel exhausted as though I myself had worked one of those hellish days.

If you are looking for a serious piece of literary excellence - I would not recommend this book. But if you are looking for something fun and quick to read, The Devil Wears Prada fits the bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home