Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Alright, I'm Getting Down Off the Ledge...

I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday. I guess I just kind of melted down. It happens every once in a while.

So we are one stop at the FedEx station after work to having Radiohead tickets for tomorrow night's concert. This particular concert has been a giant pain in the ass, as it is one of the fastest selling-out shows at the Greek Theater of all time. Both John and I were poised at our computers preceisely at 10am when the tickets went on sale, and by 10:05 when we finally got through, all of the tickets were gone.

And most of those tickets appear to have been sold to numerous ticket brokers all over the country, who then turned to ebay to sell these tickets at horribly inflated prices. (For example, the face value of the tickets we are ending up with is $44 per ticket. I paid $250 for the pair.) But it's Radiohead, so people are willing to pay it (we did!)

And as John said, it's an early birthday present.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home