Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Reflections on our trip... and life...

It was so great to visit with everyone we saw on the road all the way up the sometimes beautiful western states... Today is my first day off since getting home, and have therefore been thinking a lot about the trip and being back to reality and I am baffled.

All of the people we saw on our trip were wonderful friends from our life in Santa Cruz. Those we saw most recently before the trip were seen almost a year ago, and some over two years ago. And yet, after just a few minutes of catching up on current news, each visit with each of these people was like all that time and all those miles had never been between us. It was natural and easy, and comfortable. It made me feel like I had come home, even though we were hundreds of miles from what we consider to be our home.

I love you all and miss you, and can't wait to come home again soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home