Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Extraordinary Machine

So in case you've somehow missed the bombardement of media surrounding Fiona Apple's newest release Extraordinary Machine, well, it came out yesterday. I've been a fan since my parents randomly got me a copy of her first album Tidal for Christmas in 1996, and then in '99 with When the Pawn... came out. I've been eagerly awaiting this new album, and finally it is in my possession. :)

And so far what I have heard is great - a little more upbeat than her previous efforts, and she certainly has come a long way in the nine years since Tidal. She's gotten a little jazzier, and her voice is a little richer and more mature, but she still sounds like the Fiona we all love. But the coolest part about the new CD is the Dual Disc feature. One side of the CD is the music, and on the other side is a DVD of a bunch of her performances from Largo, where we saw her just a few months ago! It's just like being there!!

If you have ever liked Fiona's music in the past, I would highly recommend this new album!

And hey, it looks like she finally took our advice and ate that sandwich!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home