Friday, August 05, 2005

Always with the job dilemmas!!!

So about a week after I started my new job (which is fabulous, might I add!) the Inventory Manager was "let go." The position was posted for 2 weeks, and during those two weeks (rather than consult all of you) I AGONIZED over whether or not to apply. The job is a promotion, a bump in salary of $10-$12K/year, and a way bigger challenge than I have ever experienced in my job. The bad part is that it is a salaried position (no more overtime and long hours, 6 days weeks and the like) and a crappier schedule - more evenings and weekend closing shifts. So you see the dilemma ahead of me....

Do I take the cash and give up my freedom and the quality time I can spend with my husband?

We've been discussing it forever (well, the two weeks did feel like forever!) and I finally decided to apply for it, with the understanding that I could still turn it down if I ultimately decided i wasn't interested.

So I had my interview yesterday and I should find out by the end of next week!

Wish me luck! Or don't.... I don't know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home