Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Last Few Days Recap…

So it feels like I have worked about fifty billion hours in the past week, and have wanted to post some snippets of what John and I have been up to, but just haven’t had the energy…. Fortunately, the payroll gods at work have been angered lately, so I managed to get a third day off this week, so I will have some much needed recuperation time.

A few quick things….

Last Saturday we went to the Knitting Factory and saw Black Lemonade perform. They are "electronic rock" with goth styles, and they rocked! It was a really small crowd, maybe twenty people in the audience, and it was super fun!

This past Sunday was my crowning achievement in my career with Borders. Wil Wheaton came to my cozy little bookstore for a reading/signing. There were about fifty people there, maybe more, it was hard to tell. I was super nervous the whole day, as I had seen this event finally come to fruition after months of anticipation. But Wil was incredible – lots of laughs and great questions from the audience, and a good crowd stayed for the signing! We still have a big stack of his books in the store, but they’re all autographed if anyone’s interested!

Now is the time for me to relax… Evidently the new General Manager for our store will be announced by the end of the week, and that will begin to give me somewhat of an idea of where my career just might be headed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home