Sunday, August 01, 2004

Catching Up...

I really should have blogged earlier in the week to share the past four days of events, but things have been so crazy that I haven't been able to sit down and do it. So here is a recap of the past few days....

Thursday : Barenaked Ladies and Alanis Morissette concert at the Greek.

First I have to say that the Greek Theater is incredible. It's outside under the stars, and very small and intimate. There is no bad seat in the house. So, beyond that, the Barenaked Ladies were alright. I've always been pretty indifferent about them, and their set really did nothing to change my opinion... They played through the last hour of daylight, and then Alanis came on.

Oh my god.

She was incredible. She played nearly every song I wanted to hear, and a good assortment from all of her albums. The band rocked, and even songs that I may not have been too fond of previously were amazing. I was blown away. All in all, worth every cent.

Friday : Musso and Frank

Friday was John's birthday dinner with Beau and Mary at Musso and Frank's, the oldest restaurant in Hollywood. It was totally old-school, with a very "classic" menu. I had broiled chicken in a demi glace - it was fantastic! It was a little touristy on a Friday night, but it was very cool. After dinner we went to Boardner's, the oldest bar in Hollywood. Cool atmosphere and good drinks made for a nice warm up for the Saturday party!

Saturday : Birthday Party!

On Saturday we had a little shindig to celebrate for John's birthday. A good turnout, massive alcohol consumption and some fantastic mini cupcakes made up a great time for all. Unfortunately, before I realized it, it was 3am, and I had to be at work at 7am.... I think I was still a little tipsy when I got to work, but after about a gallon of water and several cups of coffee, I was back in business!

Today has turned out to be a mellow John and Julie day. It's nice to have those days after so many crazy days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home