Tuesday, May 11, 2004

SO EXCITED!!

The birthday joy continues today as I finally purchased tickets for the second concert in the Verive Summer 2004 Concert Series!

On July 29, 2004 at the Greek Theater in beautiful Los Angeles, California, John and I will be seeing Alanis Morissette LIVE IN CONCERT!

I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am about this concert. I have always been a fan of Alanis, even since her very first album back in 1995 (I'm sure a few of you may have heard of it) when I remember listening to "You Oughta Know" with my dad in the car as I was learning how to drive. From then on, I bought every album she released on the day it came out, hoping it would be as fantastic as those proceeding it. Of course, I always thought so, even if the masses didn't always agree with me.

Back when "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" was released in 1998, there were rumors that Alanis would be playing the tiny concert venue/nightclub The Catalyst in Santa Cruz. And she did, days before classes started for Winter Quarter my sophomore year in college, but somehow I missed it, and I have regretted it ever since.

So Miss Alanis has a new album coming out next Tuesday, and I'll be right there, first in line to buy "So Called Chaos." (It helps that I work in a store that sells music!)

And we'll be sitting there, right smack dab in the middle of the Greek Theater on July 29, realizing the dreams of my 19 year old self, seeing Alanis LIVE!

Oh, and did I mention that the Barenaked Ladies are opening for her?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too Cool!! I'm so glad u got the tickets, the Greek is so LA and u will love seeing her there! Love, John's Mom

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home