Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So-Called Brilliance...

Yesterday was the big day, the release of Alanis Morissette's fourth album, So-Called Chaos and I was a little uncertain whether or not the album could live up to my expectations. I've heard various reviews, stating that Alanis had lost her anger, and that being in love (with actor Ryan Reynolds!) has greatly changed her music. Being that I was an angsty 16 year old when her first album came out, I was all about identifying with her anger, and I became concerned that this would be some fluffy, romantic pop-album.

So, what's the verdict?

So-Called Chaos is very different from her other albums, and there is a happiness and a peacefulness that is not found in her other albums. It is definitely influenced by the romance in her life, but it works really well. There is still that Alanis edge that fans are hoping for, and I think (although I have not yet invested the time in it that I have with her previous efforts) it is her best since Jagged Little Pill.

Read the All Music Review, it says it better than I can.

Then go down to your local Borders and buy it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home