Tuesday, May 04, 2004

and now i am old...

In case you missed it, Sunday I turned 25 years old...

I haven't really freaked out about it yet, because in the grand scheme of things, 25 is really young. And I have accomplished the most important thing in my first 25 years - I found my one true love! When I find myself getting weird about being 25, I think of John, and how lucky I am to have found him without having the struggles of the mid-twenties dating culture that we so often see represented on TV and in the movies. Whenever we go out to bars, and we see all the slimy, icky men and the slutted up women, I secretly thank whatever higher power allowed me to miss out on that.

Sure there are parts of my life that I feel I am "behind schedule." I feel like I should have my career all planned out, and all that. I guess I really feel like I should have any sort of PLAN by now. But I don't. I've made a clear decision to avoid having to make a plan for the time being and just see where life takes me. So I may not know where I'm going, but I know it has to be more interesting than having the next few years dictated by a schedule.

And perhaps that's why I don't feel old. I am looking forward to not knowing where life will take me over the next few years. I'm sure there will come a point where I've had enough, and I'll want a plan....

And I'm sure I'll throw a party to commemorate the occasion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home