Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Summer Concert Series...

In all my life, I have been to a handful of concerts that I really cared about seeing. I still remember the thrill of standing in line for tickets to see Aerosmith at the Shoreline Amphitheater with my mom in 1995, and the excitement of seeing my favorite band (at the time) in real life. Admittedly, we were about 500 billion miles from the stage, and Steven Tyler was nothing more than a bouncing little speck without the aid of the big monitor, but I didn't care!

I went to a few smaller concerts post-Aerosmith that I didn't have much interest in, but ended up being cool (Joe Satriani, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Underworld, They Might Be Giants...) until last summer, when John was dying to see Radiohead live.... The shows were right around the time we were making the big move to Hollywood, so I went for it and bought tickets to the show at the Hollywood Bowl - not really being a fan of Radiohead myself. But they were awesome live, and made me finally appreciate their music!

So here we are, on the cusp of summer 2004, and I find myself wanting to attend another concert this year. There are four people I have always wanted to see live - Madonna, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, and Alanis Morissette (yeah, okay, so I have girly taste in music.) Of those four, three will be playing in the Los Angeles area this summer! (I guess Tori is taking a break. ;)

What do I do????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home