Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Up and Running Once Again!

An SBC technician came this morning and fixed our DSL/phone connection! So we are back in business!!!

Things are going well, it's been a while since I posted...

About 10 days ago, I bought myself a new blue mini iPod! It is the coolest thing ever! I know officially consider myself part of the Apple family! At some point I'll post a pic of me and my new Pod, but for right now you'll just have to check out the Apple website (linked above) to see what all the fuss is about!

We had a nice little Oscar party on Sunday for the perfect sweep of Lord of the Rings:Return of the King. I really couldn't be happier that they won every single thing they were nominated for, and I look forward to Peter Jackson's future works! I was a little bummed that Johnny Depp didn't win (although I knew he didn't have much of a chance.... The fluke SAG award that he won a few weeks ago gave me some hope that my favorite pirate would take home the Oscar... But I'm sure that Sean Penn was equally or more deserving, and confirms that I must go see Mystic River....)

Yesterday I had a nice day off with John, we wandered up to Hollywood Boulevard to check out the walk of fame and all the sleazy shops up and down the street. It was a little cold and threatening of rain, but we braved the elements to trek up and down the legendary street...

Then we come to today - what appears to be the beginning of summer... The weather is absolutely perfect - sunny and clear, not cold AT ALL and not too hot (which it will inevitably be very soon...) And in a mere three hours, I must be confined inside at work.

But tonight, the critically acclaimed singer Rufus Wainwright will be performing at Borders in Hollywood. I personally have never heard his music, but there promises to be a huge crowd (hopefully patiently) awaiting his performance. So that will make for an interesting and hectic night!

For now, John and I are off to check out the brand-spankin' new Target that just opened TODAY not three blocks from our apartment! It will be nice to finally have a decent Target in West Hollywood, and once the rest of the shopping center is opened, there will be a Best Buy and a Beverages and More! Quite the shopping experience if you ask me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home