Sunday, March 07, 2004

Short Day Off....

Today was my day off from work, and I only say that it was short because I worked last night until 1am, and I have to be back on Sunday at 6am....

Icky!

This, combined with the fact that I am closing four out of five days this week makes me none too happy at Borders right now. But I am off from work in all the right places, so I guess that's got to count for something....

Today John and I took the Metro downtown and feasted on some yummy yummy Mexican food! They didn't offer nachos on their menu, but I suppose I'll survive..... Downtown itself was pretty cool - the weather was absolutely perfect, and it reminded me a lot of San Francisco, but with a lot of little shops owned and frequented almost exclusively by Latinos, which reminded me a lot of an urban version of the open-air market John and I visited on our Honeymoon while in Ensenada...

In other news, kind of silly to mention but monumental nonetheless, John and I today recognized the five year milestone of when we first started dating. It's strange to think it's only been five years, and at the same time, it seems nearly impossible that we have been together so long! But at any rate, it has truly been the best five years of my entire life, and I look forward to the next at least 50 years that we can share together!

After downtown, we used our Metro Day Passes to check out the Universal CityWalk, which was hideous. I thought the Irvine Spectrum was the worst, but our very own CityWalk was Absolute HELL. It was completely overrun with little high school Goth kids, and billions of strollers - most of which were empty, serving only to block up traffic worse than could be imaginable, and make us angry at every stroller-driver who appeared to be completely blind. I feel very sorry for the children of America being raised by blind, rude idiots...

Okay, hang on while I get off my soapbox....

Finally, I would like to wish both John Peterman (who turned 25 years old today!) and Mary Holscher (who will be 22 on Tuesday) a gloriously HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Much love to both of you, and I wish you many years of happiness!

Alright, time to go to bed... I've got to be up in five hours....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home