Sunday, November 16, 2003

The Day Has Finally Come!

Today was opening day for Borders Hollywood, and I must say that it was quite successful! The cafe made twice as much money as we ever expected for it to make in a day, and we nearly ran out of much of the food we had that was supposed to last a week!

So needless to say, the cafe was such a success that I get to work tomorrow - a previously scheduled day off! So rather than the 70 hours I thought I would end up working this week, it appears that it will be closer to 80..... (sweet paycheck!)

But everyone in the community is SO excited that Borders has moved in to the "historic" intersection at Sunset Blvd. and Vine St. I had random people come up to me and tell me they loved me, simply due to the fact that we had brought books, multimedia and a KICK ASS CAFE to the heart of Hollywood. The positive vibes were incredible!

Additionally, this means I will have no life for just one more day. I will finally be free on Monday, save a couple of hours where I have to go in to work to place all the orders for the cafe next week.

Maybe sometime soon I'll have something other than work to talk about.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home