Monday, October 27, 2003

YAY for BORDERS!

Today was the FIRST DAY of the leadership team of the brand spankin' new Hollywood Borders to be in our actual store!! Now I'm sure this doesn't mean much to the average consumer, but the store is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am SOOOO happy with the entire team that I am working with, and the store itself will be a sight to behold once the store is open.

Unfortunately, everything was a little crazy today with all the fires going on - the Simi Valley store was supposed to start their sort today, but since Simi Valley is burning right now, there were many displaced people who were rerouted to our store and everyone was very confused and much of the outside staff coming to help was very much in disarray.

But all in all it appears that it will be a fabulous experience and I am so happy with the results!

This weekend was also the big bachelor/bachelorette shindigs for Matt and Meli and it was a lot of fun.... It was really fun and interesting to spend some time with Meli and Mary without our men! The drive in both directions seemed pretty uneventful and a big thanks to John and Beau for driving each leg of the journey.

This upcoming weekend is Meli's bridal shower in San Juan Capistrano - which I've never been to, but since the 4th grade California mission projects, I've always wanted to check it out, so that should be really nice! I need to somehow find time to go shopping this week!

Dammit! Where did all my time go?

Saturday is also Beau and Mary's Halloween party - and I am stoked about that! Halloween has always been my favorite holiday since I was a wee child (I had quite the sweet tooth back in the day) so it will be great to see everyone decked out in their costumes..... if only I had a brilliant idea of what to be.......

So that's my last three days in a nutshell.

Good luck to everyone experiencing ash or fire or the hideous smell of smoke near their homes. John and I are fortunate enough to be out of the range of all of the above, so I will send out positive thoughts to all those who need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home