Monday, October 13, 2003

First Day Headache....

So, today was my first day of training, and things went okay.... I was told to report to the Glendale Borders at 9am this morning, and did so with excitement and nervousness. When I arrived at said store, no one there had any idea that I was coming and no one there was available to train me. So I anxiously called the general manager's cell phone and was informed that I was supposed to report to the West Hollywood store at 10am... So I then made the trek back to WeHo, where I endured 4 hours of orientation, then a return trek back to Glendale for some real cafe training. So I had some traveling to do, but all in all my previous experience at Borders will be an incredible asset to me.

In other news, John and I will be trekking up to NorCal to visit my family, including my great uncle who is visiting from Hungary and who I have not seen since I was three years old. Hopefully we'll be able to visit with some friends in the SC area in our whirlwind journey up north. Fortunately, since we had planned this trip, I got out of training this weekend, and then next week I will be doing some official cafe training in Westwood....

So all is well, but I have a killer headache....

Ahhh, back to the working world......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home