Saturday, September 20, 2003

YAY! It's Finally Saturday!

So I made it through my first week at the Coffee Bean, and I am getting to like the job a little more. I has been a little encouraging that EVERYONE in this store that I'm training at (in preparation for the new store opening in a few weeks) thinks that I should be a shift supervisor, so maybe, JUST MAYBE the general manager will see it in his heart to promote me. It would be a good opportunity, so we'll see what happens.

In other news, John has passed his cold onto me, so I am sniffling, sneezing and generally just feel like poo. But it seems that the bug has been weakened in it's journey to me, so I seem to be way better than John was early in his illness. It probably doesn't help that I've been working around a lot of people in a completely new environment. I should have accepted that I was going to get sick - but it's such a rare occurence for me that I jsut get pissed off when I finally get the bug.

Tonight is Beau and Mary's engagement dinner, and I'm excited about that. It should be really nice. It almost makes me wish that John and I had had a nice dinner for family and friends to celebrate our engagement (it would have been nice for our families to have met before the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING) but the engagement party we had (nearly 50 of our closest friends boozing it up in our home) was so much fun.... I am very much looking forward to helping Beau and Mary with the wedding planning, which will probably start soon, considering their wedding is little more than a year and a half away!

Okay, enough blabbering. Gotta get ready for the dinner, and wait for John to get home from his shoot. I can't believe he is working with SCARY SPICE! It's so damn cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home