Tuesday, September 23, 2003

ANTS!!!

So last night I was getting myself all ready for my day of Borders interviewing, and decided to iron my shirt. I pulled the iron out of the cabinet, and put it on the counter, but before I plugged it in, I noticed that the iron was completely swarming with ants. Upon further investigation, it appears that the ants had not only made there home in our iron, but had a full blown colony, with eggs and big mother ants.

EWWW!

So, needless to say, we threw our iron away. It was TOO disgusting. So if there is a gift-giving occasion coming up, John and I could really use a new iron! (wink wink!)

In other news, the job fair at Borders went really well, everyone was really impressed with me and my experience, and it looks like I have a really good shot at getting a cafe supervisor position! It would be a really awesome opportunity to get back into the company, and it's $3 more per hour than the Coffee Bean job. The bad part is I won't hear for up to two weeks, and then the job will start sometime mid to late October. But during the three weeks of store setup, we are allowed to work OT!

Ka-ching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home