Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Another Day in the Life.....

So I'm getting ready for my third day at the Coffee Bean, and I'm still not any happier about it than I was on Monday. It's really not a bad job, but I started thinking about it last night. When I was 16 I got a job working at Safeway in Los Altos, CA..... and it was not the best job in the world, but good for a high school junior.... I was making $6.75/hour, and I thought that was the greatest thing in the world.....

Well, here I am, eight years later, working in a coffee shop - for $6.75/hour. Eight years of experience under my belt, eight years of skills and talents that have been developed.... hell, eight years of inflation should have raised my wage slightly!

It's all very discouraging.....

In other employment news, the Borders position I was supposed to hear about tomorrow has been delayed until next week... The suspense could quite literally be killing me!

But, even considering all the complaining I have been doing about this job, I am finally starting to feel less uncomfortable in Los Angeles. Well, what I really mean is that I am no longer terrified... and I'm happy, cuz I made a coworker feel cool because they knew someone from Santa Cruz.

And life really is all about the simple joys.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home