Tuesday, August 05, 2003

What a Weekend!

So I haven't written since Wednesday (i'm a bad blogger) but i'm going to try to keep it short and sweet... I've been pretty sick with this damn cold for nearly a week now, and I'm getting really annoyed with it. But to get to the point, it prevents me from getting a decent night's sleep, so if I start making no sense, I'm just really tired.

So, Friday was my honey's 25th birthday (SO OLD!) and the crew from OC (Chun, Paul and Mary) came up for the weekend's festivities. It was so nice to see them, and I am very excited that soon we will be close enough to see them all the time! We went out for Sushi at Mobo (I had some yummy vegetarian rolls, no raw fish for me!) and then to the Rush Inn for drinks. There are pictures on John's website. It was an enjoyable evening, other than the fact that i nearly lost my voice completely. (damn cold.)

Saturday was the day of the big party, and I felt unusually relaxed about it. It was very weird. I didn't panic once! But the party was a great success, seeing people that I haven't seen in a very long time, packing our house quite full! Had some great conversations and saw a lot of people that I will miss dearly. Chun videotaped quite a bit, but John and I don't feel quite rady to watch it yet.

Sunday was recovery day, as my voice was nearly completely gone again. I ended up sleeping away much of the afternoon and then all night long, sleeping 23 out of 31 hours.

Monday was a fabulous dinner out with John's cousin. It was great to see her and her husband, and we enjoyed El Palomar thoroughly. Good stuff.

And now we begin planning our attack on packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home