Monday, August 11, 2003

The U-Haul is booked!

So we are pretty much stuck now. The official date is August 23, 2003 - our departure from Santa Cruz will be complete. Nearly six years since I first moved into the dorms. Santa Cruz has been a lot of things to me, and I can't believe that soon, it will be nothing but a memory.

I'm really excited, and have occasional bouts of fear. There's nothing like booking a U-Haul to make you realize that you are actually moving away from a place. And as much as I have been poo-pooing Santa Cruz for the past few months, it has been a nice place to live for the past 6 years - even if it is exhorbitantly expensive and there is nothing to do after 9pm. And I will miss the friends I have made (you know who you are!)

So anyone living in the Greater Santa Cruz area who is available on Saturday the 23rd, we would love your help packing up the cursed U-Haul (to be compensated with pizza and beer) and anyone in the southern california area who is available on sunday the 24th, we too would love your help unpacking the confounded U-Haul into our lovely new abode (there will be some sort of treats - perhaps pizza and beer!)

So it's all final.

Time to let the whole thing soak in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home